21 August, 2007

WANT!

All of the above.

Now, there are some amongst you in Outer Blogistan that would resist these technologies, particularly those that affect the human body itself. Already I can picture some of you refusing to accept some of these developments, said picture complete with I Can Has Cheezburger-esque "DO. NOT. WANT." captions and an expression of utter dismay and refusal.

I, however, look forward to the day where I can have full 24-hour access to whatever information I so desire, all without having to sit down at a physical computer. For, simply enough, I am a data addict and that obnoxious thing called work keeps me away from gathering in as much data as possible only because I must maintain access to that information on my internet-withdrawal downtime. And all of the above is certainly making me lean to the transhumanist persuasion.

Therefore, this and this and this (PDF warning on the last one.) are all something I look forward to with great anticipation, not to mention a sincere hope that they will be available before I shuffle down the curtain and join the Choir Invisible.

In the meantime, I'll settle for one of these. And dream of androids dreaming of electronic sheep via a BCI.

[Turn Signal: teh insty]

No comments: