29 March, 2006

Creative Destruction

Well, isn't this a turn-up for the books...

Seems I've been invited to join an almost brand spanking new group blog called Creative Destruction. You may have noticed it's sudden arrival in the Blogroll here.

I'm probably going to be one of the primary non-progressives on the site, from how things seem to be shaping up so far, but I can get along with anyone. After all, if I can buy Jeff Goldstein a beer, I can literally get along with just about everybody. (Well, it was also quite fun to watch him get falling-down drunk that night. He seriously missed sitting down in a chair by at least 4 feet.)

Now, some of you are probably wondering what that will do for my production levels here. Well, you can't do worse than non-existant, can you? If anything, it might inspire me to do even more posts, about an even wider range of topics, than I've been doing so far to date.

Consider this a rundown post:

The aforementioned Jeff Goldstein has been on the receiving end of a lot of target practice from the left-hand-side these days. Atrios has been leading the charge with the name-calling and, as usual, the more vocal of the strong progressive bloggers have done a lot of "Yeah, me too!" comments. I've already established my views on this sort of thing, so I don't feel like I need to reiterate myself, particularly not twice in four days.

Via Kevin comes this link that seriously made me want to cry. Not from depression or despair, but serious insanity. Apparently the Values Voters, who are apparently only concentrating on their own values and figure the rest of the planet can go away if they don't like it, have declared war on so-called "activist judges" who dare to act in ways that do not fall directly within the VV worldview. Personally, all I see is an attempt to make the United States just as dominated by Biblical law as Afghanistan is dominated by sharia law. And we all know how well that is being recieved here in the States, don't we?

And finally, Andrew Card has resigned as Bush's Chief of Staff. Now, I wasn't a huge fan of his politics, or even his performance, yet I can't help but wonder... Did he jump or was he pushed? I don't have anything substantive to back up this gut-feeling, though. Regardless, he will be off the scope as of April 14th, and my message to Andy is this: GET SOME FRIGGIN' SLEEP! Sheeesh, the guy's been getting into the office at 4:30 in the morning and not leaving until after 9 at night, for crying out loud, and over the past couple of years has been under constant fire from us Democrats, and sporatic fire from his own party, too. I don't know about most of you folks, but I'd be folding under within 3 weeks of that schedule. Let the man rest, and start targeting this Joshua Bolten character (who appears to be an Andy Card clone) instead.

No comments: